February 13, 2013
Thursday, February 14, 9 am – 11:30 am
The House Natural Resources and Energy committee will be convening a session on climate change tomorrow. This event is intended to highlight the issue of climate change as the legislature begins its session, and to share some of the ongoing work that is being done to both lower our greenhouse gas emissions and to prepare for the effects of climate change.
Scheduled to testify to the committee are:
• Dr. Alan K. Betts, a climate researcher based in Pittsfield
• Agency of Natural Resources Secretary Deb Markowitz
• Department of Public Service Commissioner Chris Recchia
• Department of Environmental Conservation Air Quality Division Director Dick Valentinetti
• VTrans Deputy Secretary Sue Minter
• Department of Environmental Conservation Commissioner David Mears
Topics include a discussion of Vermont’s changing climate, a report on the state’s greenhouse gas emissions, an update on implementing the Comprehensive Energy Plan, a status report on the recent changes to the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, a report on regional and state electric vehicle initiatives, a briefing on the recently released Thermal Efficiency Task Force report, and an overview of the state’s climate change adaptation activities.
Source: Agency of Natural Resources
Last Updated at: February 13, 2013 13:34:04