Steps to Completion:
    Start & Introduction
box border
Vehicle Information
box border
Contact Information
box border
Payment Information
box border

Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles IRP & IFTA Service

Welcome to the IRP Permitting & IFTA Permitting Service

This service allows individuals to register for a 72 hour trip permit in Vermont under the International Registration Plan and/or the International Fuel Tax Agreement. You may obtain either or both of these permits through this service. You may print your permit right from this service immediately after payment is accepted. The licensing service is provided by a third party in partnership with the State of Vermont and the Vermont DMV. Credit cards are processed at a higher total price through, the state's official web portal, and supports the state's websites and online services.

If you have a Vermont registration, you DO NOT need to apply for a International Registration Plan Permit or an International Fuel Tax Agreement.

You may reprint your IRP and/or IFTA permits for up to 72 hours after purchase by using the IRP & IFTA Reprint Service.

What You Will Need:

  • Your USDOT Number
  • The registration information for the vehicle being permitted.
  • A Federal Employer ID (FEIN) for your business.
  • Contact information for the company and/or individual making this request.
  • A valid Mastercard, Visa, or Discover branded credit or debit card.

Begin an Application