How do I file my IRC Compliance Statement?

IRC Compliance Statements should be filed online at

What if I forgot my username?

Your username is your first name and last name with a period (".") between your first and last name. Some usernames have a number after the last name. Numbers are added when more than one person has the same first and last name.

What if I forgot my password?

Click on “Forgot your Password?” and you will be sent an email with a temporary password. If you don't receive the email, you can request a password reset by emailing

I don’t remember my IRC certificate number. How can I find it out?

Email to request your IRC certificate number.

What if the system won’t let me add my property?

If you get a message stating that the property address could not be verified, click the button "Request Address Exception". The Health Department will review the address and send you a reply email. If you are a new property owner and you get a message that the property is assigned to another owner, email

How do I find my property manager?

Your property manager needs to have an account in order for you to add them as a property manager. If your property manager already has an account, you should find them in the dropdown list of property managers.

How do I become IRC-certified?

You must attend an IRC training class to become certified. You can register for a class at

What if I am unable to take the IRC course before my Compliance Statement is due?

You may hire an IRC-certified contractor to complete the IRCs.

What if I need an extension to complete the work?

You may send a written request for an extension to the Health Department no later than 10 days before the due date. The Health Department may grant or deny an extension. Send an email to to request an extension.

We are a school or child care program and we don’t have a “property owner.” How do we file?

The employee responsible for filing the IRC statement should create an "Owner" account using their name and the school's contact information as the business.

My property is not currently being rented. Do I still have to file an IRC Compliance Statement?

If your property is not currently being rented or will no longer be rented, you can request an exemption from filing by emailing

My property has been completely renovated and does not have lead paint. Do I still have to file an IRC Compliance Statement?

The only way to be exempt from IRCs is to have an extensive, surface-by-surface inpsection of your building that indicates no lead paint is present. This inspection must be performed by a Vermont-certified Lead Inspector or Risk Assessor and the inspector's report must be sent to the Health Department.

I no longer own the property. How do I stop getting reminders?

Complete this electronic survey to have the property removed from your account:

v 1.7